VIE hosts 2 conferences each year, one during the fall semester and one during the spring semester.
The Spring 2021 conference will be held virtually from April 12-16. The conference will begin with a plenary presentation and workshop on Monday, April 12 at noon. From Tuesday through Friday (April 12-16), sessions will be presented at 11am, 12pm, and 1pm. A final schedule of events, including dates, times, presenters bios, session descriptions, and Zoom links will be emailed to all registrants a week prior to the conference.
Session Titles include:
- COVID Video Queen
- F-1 Tax Time: What are the options?
- F-1/J-1 Roundtable
- Hot Topics in Immigration
- Implementing and Sustaining Virtual Exchange Programs
- Maintaining Intercultural Student Engagement
- Managing the new frontiers of risk in post-COVID global education
- Meet NAFSA Region 8!
- Supporting the Mental Health of International Students: Researcher and Practitioner Reflections on COVID-19
- Sustainable Global Education: Lessons from COVID
- The Future of Study Abroad: Exploring the Role of Virtual Program Components University Partnerships in Sustainability and Education Abroad
This year’s virtual conference will not have a registration fee. Please click here to register for the Spring 2021 VIE Virtual Conference.
Information for Providers
If you would like to host a future VIE meeting at your institution, please contact Bethany Galipeau-Konate.